Job Title: QC Analyst
Pay: $23.00 - $24.00
Job Overview: The QC Analyst will follow GMP and SQF requirements, through the company’s quality management system, to ensure the quality control of products by performing the following duties:
- Contributes to the company’s sales and profit through the department activities.
- Determines and report product conformance to specifications through inspection of raw materials, material in process, and finished goods inventories.
- Responsible for Food Safety and reporting any Food Safety related issues to the direct supervisor and/or a member of the Food Safety Management System (FSMS) Team.
- Determines and reports packaging material conformance to specifications.
- Runs appropriate tests to confirm that enzyme concentration, diluents, and the enzyme preparations meet specifications.
- Coordinates and evaluates all outside quality control testing activity.
- Maintains and installs quality control facilities, equipment, and systems, as required to perform appropriate tests.
- Issues Certificates of Analysis for the products manufactured by the company.
- Participates in new product development projects to ensure that proper quality control plans can be implemented prior to beginning production.
- Responds to all quality control related inquiries from customers.
- Visits customers to discuss or run assays as needed to resolve quality control related issues.
- Develops and maintains supporting documentation required to perform above duties.
- Implements 5S Pillars within workplace.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Science.
- Previous experience in a QC environment, preferably food for pharmaceutical.
- Experience with basic lab instrumentation, including pH, titrations, viscosity, etc.
- Experience with raw materials and/or finished products a plus.
- Previous customer service/customer interaction experience a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.