Position: Procurement Operations Lead
Salary: $65,000 - $70,000
Job Description: The Procurement Operations Lead is responsible for the Leadership and end to end performance management of the assigned Spend Category. The Scope of this role includes Vendor selection in accordance and alignment with the Spend Category Strategy, onboarding, (Start-Up and Qualification), ongoing relationship and Vendor Performance Management, New Product Commercialization and Value Creation initiatives. The main responsibility of this position is to secure the supply on the material/services of the Printed Materials Spend Category with a +$5MM spend (+40 suppliers) and deliver Customer Service by proactively identifying, resolving and escalating delivery issues as they arise to ensure on time and full delivery, case fill rate and quality targets while fostering strong Vendor relationships. This position requires strong personal initiative to identify opportunities and achieve business goals.
- Manages a wide supplier base and large spend in a category with high complexity of materials.
- Responsible for Vendor Performance Management, leading regular cross-functional meetings/reviews with key vendors and driving improvements to vendor performance.
- Work with the vendors as well as Planning, Quality, and other internal stakeholders to meet the desired OTIF (On Time & In Full), CFR (Case Fill Rate), and Quality targets
- Lead and implement root cause analysis and corrective actions as appropriate
- Proactively assess supplier capacity and initiate improvements with suppliers and stakeholders to increase supply chain reliability
- Identify, initiate, and execute Value Creation improvement projects
- Review ongoing cost savings projects and drive on time implementation
- Support and lead the onboarding of new suppliers
- Identify needs and complete analysis for designated materials
- Ensure contract terms and conditions are executed (pricing, rebates, payment terms, incoterms, etc.) per the agreed timing
- Support Pricing maintenance, including any price adjustments in coordination with Procurement Category Team to ensure accurateness and compliance by Vendors
- Participate in and potentially lead supplier negotiations in alignment with Procurement Category Team
- Support new supplier identification, selection, and qualification activities
- Support and be able to lead request for quotes, cost analysis, and market analysis
- Represent Procurement on New Product development teams
Process Improvement and Capabilities
- Identify and implement process improvements within Procurement and drive implementation with other cross-functional areas to minimize cost, reduce waste, and increase speed
- Support Company Sustainability initiatives and targets
- Participate in the development/implementation of companywide standard processes
- University/Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience in relevant business categories (in related field, e.g., Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Computer Science, Economics, Business Administration - preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in Product Supply (i.e. Materials Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturing, Procurement, Engineering, Planning Quality, Logistics) or Advanced degree and 3+ years of experience in Product Supply.
- Proven organizational skills & ability to perform under pressure & manage competing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Process improvement proficiency, e.g., root cause understanding, lean methodology, etc.
- Ability to work on a high-performing team in collaborative environment
- Quantitative/qualitative analysis, including business process metrics & measures linking to business KPIs
- Strong Communication and Presentation Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and make informed decisions, strong critical thinking.
- Good Level Proficiency on MS Office, Outlook and Excel
- Proven track of record of achieving results in a cross functional environment
- Preferred experience with an ERP system
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience in the CPG industry