Lab Technician II
Job Code: #578
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $17.00 - $19.00/hour
Job Location: Wilson, NC
Job Description Job Title: Lab Technician
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00/hour
Summary: The main function of a Lab Technician is to perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. The Lab Technician may work under the supervision of a medical technologist.
• Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory equipment.
• Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
• Analyze, gather and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
• Obtain specimens, cultivating, isolating and identifying microorganisms for analysis.
• May examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
• Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
• Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
• Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Basic knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries and diseases.
• Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
• High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in medical technology or vocational training preferred.
• 2-4 years experience required.