Job Title: Associate Scientist
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00
Shift: 2nd, including one weekend day
The Associate Scientist position works closely with other departments, such as Operations, Validation, Product Development, Quality Systems, Product Release and Chemistry to assure the support of the Microbiology department on various projects, studies and routine tasks. Responsible for coordinating the timely completion of routine and project testing. Responsible for coordinating the timely completion of routine and special finished product testing and environmental issues. Assist with the training of Production and Quality Control personnel in microbiological tests and methods.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES PERFORMED BY THE INCUMBENT.
- Responsible for Gram Staining
- Performing micro biology testing on finished products and in process samples and performing environmental monitoring in classified areas
- Monitors and tracks laboratory results
- Basic Aseptic techniques
- Bacterial Endotoxin Testing (BET)
- Trains new department personnel on SOPs
- Provides validation test support
- Performs environmental monitoring and routine testing of in-process and finished products
- Performs routine analysis related to the testing and release of Raw Material, In Process, Finished Product and Stability
- Assist with the execution of equipment and method validation
- Reviews data generated by QC technicians and Approves testing paperwork.
- Assists in compiling data for Annual Reports
- Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must be trained and qualified in personal Protective Equipment (PPE), i.e. respirators
- Investigates and resolves nonconforming test results by completing thorough Environmental Excursion or Deviation investigations
- B.S. in Science with 1- 2 years of progressive pharmaceutical lab experience or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience working in a Microbiology lab.
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology experience preferred.
- Ability to work 2nd shift (3:00pm - 11:00am, with one weekend day).
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills are essential.