Job Description Job Title:
Analytical Scientist Pay: $27.00 - $32.00 per hour Job Overview:
The Scientist, Analytical Development conducts all aspects of Analytical Development including method development, experimentation, and record keeping. The incumbent must be able to develop and implement methods that meet project needs.
The position is responsible for conducting analytical development studies with increasing complexity in nature and solving problems to ensure a robust method can be performed in the laboratory. Principal Duties:
• Accepts responsibility for all aspects of Analytical Development including transfer to Quality Technologies or Quality Control or other testing laboratory.
• Ensures all technologies needed are available for project completion.
• Plans, develops, and implements scientifically well-designed experimental programs and demonstrates creativity and capability in analytical method development, validation, and testing.
• Identifies problem areas and utilizes scientific resources to recommend alternatives, priorities, and results to resolve problems.
• Accurately and completely records experimental procedures, test results, and observations to meet corporate and GMP requirements.
• Establishes work priorities for assignments within his/her authority and keeps assignment completion on schedule. Requirements:
- BS degree in Chemistry or related degree with 3-5 years of related experience, or MS Degree with 0-3 years of related experience.
- Must possess skills in chromatography, such as HPLC, GC, TLC, IC, and Karl Fisher Titrations.
- Must possess skills in handling wet chemistry and operating basic lab instruments.
- BS degree in Cellular / Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, and Biology with over 3-5 years related experience or MS Degree with 0-3 years of related experience.
- Must possess skills in biochemical or molecular/cellular biology, such as cell based assay, enzymatic assay, aseptic and cell cultures (suspension and attached) techniques, and operating basic lab instruments. May require experience in HPLC, ELISA and SDS-PAGE.
- Must have skills in designing and executing experiments using different lab instruments and techniques.
- Must have knowledge of statistical analysis/interpretation, pharmaceutical dosage forms, as well as concepts in developing novel drug delivery systems.
- Must be familiar with concepts of pharmaceutical analytical operations including FDA and GMP regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.