Job Title: Chemist I - Laser Diffraction
Position Overview: To perform, under immediate supervision, particle characterization tests and procedures in the laboratory on a variety of samples including foods, pharmaceuticals, paints & coatings, metals, plastics, cosmetics, and raw ingredients. Direct supervisor, company training, and established test methods and procedures guide day-to-day decisions. Direct mentorship by at least one senior team member at this level aims toward the future use of independent professional judgment in the evaluation of samples.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides particle characterization service and testing to clients in accordance with quality standards and established test methods and/or techniques under direct supervision.
- Utilizes accepted industry procedures and practices in line with company policy requirements.
- Presents analytical findings and reports in writing to Laboratory Management / authorized trained team member for review. Refers any discrepancies and/or deviations to the mentor and/or management for authorization.
- B.S. degree in chemistry, biology, or related science, or a minimum of 2 years relevant laboratory experience.
- Multitasking and detail-oriented focus are a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with basic laboratory equipment preferred
- Experience in cGMP environment desired
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service, professionalism, & mutual respect
- Analytical reasoning skills, with a desire to learn more and a commitment to quality
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good safety practices and contributes to maintaining a safe work environment