Job Title: QC Chemist - 2nd Shift
Pay: $45,000 - $55,000
Location: Gurnee, IL
Job Overview: The QC Chemist is responsible for ensuring finished product is made to quality specifications. Oversee the quality of a product from raw materials to finished product. Responsible for ensuring that the Quality lab is maintained and sufficient to perfrom lab testing. The QC Chemist will work directly with Production, R&D, and Supply Chain.
- Perform chemical and microbial testing of batches and make adjustments as needed.
- Inspect raw materials including chemicals, packaging components, and labels.
- Assist quality inspectors and production with finished product inspections.
- Calibrate and maintain lab equipment.
- Troubleshoot lab equipment.
- Inspect and approve FDA product for release.
- Assist in validation of lab equipment (IQ, OQ, PO).
- Assist with product validations.
- Maintain quality lab.
- B.S. degree in a science discipline and 2·5 years previous lab experience.
- Basic understanding of chemistry and laboratory equipment (e.g. pH meter, viscometer, UV-Vis, GC, FTIR, auto titrator, etc.).
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Excellent math skills.