Job Title: Medical Lab/Medical Technologist (Clinical & Regulatory) is responsible for performing validation testing on products manufactured by the company.
Pay: $27.00 - $32.00/hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform testing on prototype, new and current clinical laboratory instruments, software, reagents and controls manufactured by the company and similar instruments and products. Adhere to established procedures, study-specific protocols and timelines.
- Ability to evaluate results, recognize problems and initiate troubleshooting if necessary.
- Perform QC with appropriate frequency and evaluate results to determine if values should be reported. Report shifts or trends to the Laboratory Supervisor.
- Perform and properly document preventative maintenance as scheduled to ensure equipment is operational.
- Assist Supervisor in monitoring laboratory supplies (consumables, reagents, controls, chemicals, etc.) in the laboratory and those shipped to clinical sites.
- Document receipt of and disposal of clinical samples used in studies.
- Assist with in-house specimen collections.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in medical technology (MLT/MT) and 2 years laboratory experience including experience in the Armed Forces.
- Hematology experience required.
- Must have experience in performing manual differentials. Must be able to identify abnormal and premature cells and perform RBC morphology assessment.
- AMA or ASCP certification preferred.
- Follow Good Clinical Laboratory practices (GCP).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Great attitude/personality with excellent customer skills.
- Detail oriented. Ability to work independently.